December 9, 2015
As a follow on to my gift guide for 5-7 year olds, I have searched high and low for some lovely and ethical items for the littler people in your life. Following the same simple rule of "something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read" we will be gifting our little Poppy a few keepsake items made with love and to be loved for a long time. I hope you enjoy this second round up of ideas.
1. Ostheimer wooden horse from Oliver's Twisty Tales // We have a handful of these beautiful wooden toys and they are always played with and when not look beautiful to adorn a shelf or dresser.
2. Oli & Carol forest animals from Wild & Whimsical Things // Made from natural hevea trees, these toys are safe to whew on, use in the bath or for any imaginative play.
3. Musical Marble Tree from Dragonfly Toys // This marble tree plays beautiful clinking sounds when a marble is dropped in from the top. Brilliant for grown-ups too!
4. Wooden Australiana Puzzle from Shorties // Adorable vintage looking puzzle to start your little traveller dreaming about their next adventure.
5. Heirloom Bonnet from Mountain Honey Clothier // These bonnets are so loved by Poppy and come with ears that can be changed and is two sided so can be reversed. Handmade with love it is a keepsake and looks delicious on toddlers.
6. Wooden Stacking Boxes from Mr Wolf Kids // Stack, knock down, repeat. Fill with little collections, hideaway little toys. So open ended and well constructed. These will be loved and used often.
7. Wooden camera from Fanny & Alexander // These beautiful wooden toys can be taken on bush walks and adventures and encourage little ones to focus on tiny details in nature and "capture" them through the push of a button.
8. Maileg Baby Mouse in a box from Wild & Whimsical Things // Both of my girls have a handful of mailer mice and bunnies and treat them like real tiny babies, tucking them into their boxes for nighttime sleeps and cuddles.
9. Fleece Skirt from Bobo Choses // It's no secret and we adore our Bobo. This skirt has pockets for hiding little treasures and gems found on walks and has a beautiful mustard print. Swoon.
10. Enamel Mug from Bobo Choses // Hot cocoa, camping trips, water for naps, these little mugs are the perfect size for tiny hands and can take a banging.
11. Mini Saucepan Set from Oliver's Twisty Tales // Adorable toddler sized set for cooking up stews, and treats for all their wee friends.
12. Wooden Kitchen from Honeybee Toys // Beautifully constructed wooden stove with lovely details for your little chef. I can picture my grandkids playing with this one day.
13. Play silks from Sarah's Silks // Every home needs a handful of these, they feel beautiful and can be anything. Capes, baby blankets, oceans, table cloths, baby slings, the ideas are endless and inspiring.
14. Organic Fleece Friends by Mountain Honey Clothier // Made from the leftover scraps after making her beautiful bonnets, these tiny bears are beautiful and delicate and treasures for tiny hands.
15. Lyra Ferby Coloured Pencils from Wild & Whimsical Things // We started using Lyra pencils a while ago and never use anything else. High quality and these ones are shorter and fatter for tiny hands to grip.
16. Little Fairy Can't Sleep from Dragonfly Toys // A magical, dream inducing bedtime story.
17. Black + White Stars Nightie from G.Nancy // Poppy's favourite nightie and so well made.
I hope you find some inspirations here and remember that the biggest gift is time with you, so give that first and always. x